Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoutbox Opening times

Guys as a trial i am considering closing the Shoutbox between certain times to try and encourage some more activity on the forum. please bear with me while i sort out the code and figure out how best to do this. i plan to have the Shoutbox open during the day but closed say between 6-8 PM.
[Image: GMSsmall.png]

hi hagz, seems a bit wierd to close it between 6-8pm as anyone that works will be coming on here around those times, or am i missing the point.

exactly so that way they have to post in the forum instead of everyone using the Shoutbox?

i have exactly the same issue on the Velo site. people would rather post in the Shoutbox instead of the main forum. the shoutbox is really only meant to be used for a quick shout out. I can only trial it o0nce the site is more busy.

ah yes i can see your point now, lets hope more people start to use the site now

well i have to really think about it before i do it there is a negative side in that people may just come on and see nothing and not bother posting anyway lol so in that case a shout box is actually better than nothing
it is a quandary.

might find out sooner than i think as the shoutbox on the velo site has to be taken down or the site could be closed by the hosts shame but i have no choice just a coincidence that i consodered closing the shoutbox at the same time as i got the e-mail fror the Velo shoutbox lol.

I WILL BE TEXTING EVERY MEMBER TOMORROW EVENING AND MAKE THEM AWARE OF THE POINTS I HAVE ADDED TO THE FORUM TONIGHT, GENERAL THINGS LIKE BOOKING IN ON THE CALENDER CHANGES TO GATE CODES ETC...... THAT WAY THEY WILL HAVE TO REGISTER AND USE THE FORUM NO FORUM NO FISHING ITS AS EASY AS THAT COME 1ST FEB 2012.
I WOULD IMAGE YOU WILL START SEEING MORE MEMBERS ON HERE SOON AND MORE ACTIVITY SHORTLY

Shane i can extract those e-mail addresses from the Members list and do an e-mail if you like.

Great stuff lads hopefully it will make booking on the lake easier and keep everyone coming back to the forum. I think once people start using the forum they will keep coming back for more!
After all a forum is only as good as the people using it and contributing.
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Home away from Home Big Grin

yes spagger i agree and the majority of the users here were relatively active on the old Velo one.