Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you like about the site?

Cheers mate. I haven't fished with the boys since the last entry, which was last Summer. They're up in Liverpool, and 1 is in Edinburgh, and I'm stuck down here! I always write something and take a few pics when we go fishing together. The website is just a way to keep a record of good times, the rare fish we catch, and any mishaps, of which there are normally a few. We can look back on it in 20 years time and have a good laugh about old memories which we'd forgotten.
(15-03-12, 12:00 PM)sell44 Wrote: hi bluepanido welcome to the site.
i have just been on your site and gotta say what a laugh that was. my misses came in to see what i was laughing at. those blogs are excellent. hope you add more in the future

tight lines

sell

the forum is obvioulsy a pre written script really but the front end of the site is all my own work. every little bit from the menu to the sepia images were crafted myself lol. Both Shane and myself agree it is quite unique. I designed it in Dreamweaver but like i said the whole thing is hand crafted.

the team criminal site looks pretty good actually it does what is says but i have learnt the value of CSS stylesheets with this site.
[Image: GMSsmall.png]

(15-03-12, 06:23 PM)hagz Wrote: the forum is obvioulsy a pre written script really but the front end of the site is all my own work. every little bit from the menu to the sepia images were crafted myself lol. Both Shane and myself agree it is quite unique. I designed it in Dreamweaver but like i said the whole thing is hand crafted.

the team criminal site looks pretty good actually it does what is says but i have learnt the value of CSS stylesheets with this site.
You've done a good job. It looks the part and it's not like anything I've seen before. I've only just started getting my head round CSS stylesheets and Dreamweaver templates recently. Anything I've done before has just been pages linked to one another, based on a blank template (but not a proper Dreamweaver template as part of Dreamweaver 'site'). I teach ICT, so my knowledge of web authoring has been slowly developing over a few years. I do my own graphics too, rollover menus, drop down menus, etc all on Fireworks, and I'm getting into Flash a bit too. The Adobe stuff is pretty good. There are 2 other websites I've made which are online, one being a blog type thing of my fishing on the Old Axe, and another one for a one-to-one English tuition business my wife set up last year. I haven't made anything new for about a year now, so haven't really been able to use any skills I've developed in that time. Anyway, these are my 2 other attempts:

http://www.oldaxe.110mb.com - I haven't edited this for nearly a year. It's only got one of my four fish on it, as I caught the others since then.

http://www.aspiresouthwest.co.uk - the wife's business

I'm getting pretty good at graphics lately. If you're stuck with anything, or need help with any ideas for this site, I'd be happy to help. You're probably better than me at it anyway though!

as long as a site does what it is meant to do then it works. incidentally i used Dreamweaver but created the templates myself took sometime to get it right. every time you make something you earn a little mate

i think its a pain in the arse to upload pictures, iv given up image the wrong size etc etc.......

no more difficult than any other forum Mat? tell me what problem your having (where you uploading and what)

changed the main site now so let me know if you see anything wrong

hagz will you be putting the chat box back or is it just me that can't see it? cheers.

i had to take it off for the time being it messed with the theme too much. i will have a look for something similar and install it